12.22.2008

The anxiously awaited Christmas letter...

Well, as you can tell, I did not post my annual Christmas letter on the blog on December 15th. Why, do you ask? It seems that other pressing events have prohibited me from sitting down to write the annual run-down of what I've been doing all year (read: these activities involve black light mini-golfing with friends for my birthday, shoveling snow, going out to a movie...) I apologize for that, even if I did have a bit more fun with those!

So, I'm going to try to write this all really quick...

I'm still living in Meridian in the same house, though I did embark on some small home improvement projects this year and have more planned for next year. In August, I decided that the golden oak cabinets in the house were just not going along with my color scheme. Much to my father's dismay, I thought that painting was a great option. After a trip to Home Depot for sandpaper, primer and Behr Kitchen & Bath sateen paint (and a DIY lesson from a 'weekend home makeovers' book), I tackled the master bath cabinets to change them from golden oak to dark espresso brown. They turned out great! I'm plotting to paint all of the kitchen cabinets next, but I think that will wait until spring. And next on the agenda is tiling the master and guest bathrooms.

As for work, I'm still at the Ada County Sheriff's Office, though I did get a bit of a promotion/transfer in May. I was offered a position in the Finance Office as an Account Clerk II. Basically, I pay all of the bills for the jail, medical unit, records and civil departments, and about 15 other departments. I audit a lot of reports, prepare bank deposits and more. So far, it's been a pretty good move.

Sayde is still doing well, and has assumed the position of snow removal supervisor. (Boise has been experiencing snow storms for the past week and a half, and Sayde helps with the shoveling of snow.) She wasn't thrilled when I went on a few vacations this year, but she did get to stay with my parents each time.

And I did go on several vacations! I went to Phoenix in the early spring to visit some family and friends, and then went back again in June to visit my best friend Angie before she moved to Blanding, UT. A few days after I returned from that trip, I went to Pocatello, ID for my grandma's 80th birthday party. (And yes, we did put 80 candles on her cake!) I was able to spend some time with a whole bunch of relatives, which was a lot of fun. In July, I helped my parents run a TNT Fireworks tent and sold a whole bunch of fireworks for 10 days, but was I glad when it was over! Angie and I took a trip to San Francisco in mid-October for a girl's weekend, and toured the whole area. (We definitely took advantage of our free trolley rides using our CityPasses...up and down the hills, day and night!) Then, my grand finale trip this year was to New York City as a little birthday trip for myself. My aunt Sue went with me, and we were able to see the Empire State Building, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Museum of Modern Art, the Guggenheim Museum, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the American Museum of Natural History, Times Square, Chinatown, the World Trade Center site, Wall Street, Fraunces Tavern, Federal Hall, the Broadway show "Wicked", watched Gossip Girl being filmed, and I was even seen on the Today Show! It was a lot of fun but I was a bit glad to get home to my family and Sayde.

Well, I think that covers the major highlights of the year. If I think of more, I'll add another post on here!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year,

Sheena and Sayde

P.S. Please come visit us anytime!

No comments: