4.11.2009

The latest with me...

Hey all--

So I haven't been updating on here nearly as much as intended...but truthfully, there hasn't been much to write about!

Work is going pretty well, but I have to question the hiring ability of our HR department...they just hired a part time girl for my office who supposedly has cash handling experience, but I'm thinking that she may have embellished the resume just a bit. My patience has definitely been tested, and I think there's still a lot of training to do before she'll be working independently. I'm still at Sam's Club part time, and was excited to get our yearly Sam's Share bonus last month.

I did venture down to Mesa, AZ, last month to visit friends and family. Angie and I went down to hang out in warm weather for her spring break, and indulged in pedicures, highlights and waxing. (Yep, we go on vacation to get beautified...gotta love it!) We stayed at Aunt Sue's house, which was undergoing some flood repair, so it was kind of like camping indoors. I went to dinner with the Van Voris family, saw Whitney, Kristen and some other friends, and even went to a Twilight midnight release party! It seemed like I was on the go from the minute I got there, and I think I could use a true vacation to make up for that hectic one!

I'm in the process of planning another girl's trip with Angie for an East Coast adventure to Boston. We're looking at using her parents timeshare in Boston sometime in mid-July and spending about 5 days checking out the sights and lounging on a beach near Cape Cod. I've been studying the Fodor's Boston 2008 guide from the library, and scouring the web for any good deals on airfare. I'll keep you posted on my travel plans!

At this time, I have decided not to enroll in classes at Boise State University this fall. I met with an advisor to determine what classes I would need to take, and the problem is that I would start my first semester of student teaching in Spring 2010, requiring me to work at a school for 3 days per week. Therefore, I would have to quit my full time job and work at a part time job, and try to make enough money to cover the mortgage, bills and health insurance, since there's no compensation for student teaching. And pay tuition, since BSU didn't offer me any scholarship funds. I don't think it's feasible to try to get that second degree right now, so I'm just going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Hmm, what else? I'm super excited for summer gardening, and have already planted several tomato plants indoors. (I went a little gung-ho when planting seeds in the peat pot greenhouse...I may be selling tomato plants pretty soon!) My strawberry plants are coming back in full force, and I bought a beautiful hydrangea plant for the front yard to replace a dead daisy tree. I will start watermelons sometime next month as well.

I have been trying out online dating, and have been on 4 dates thus far. Nothing particularly promising at this point, but I guess it's a good thing to be getting back into the dating world again. We'll see what happens...

That's the latest here! :)

No comments: