8.23.2009

Orem in June...

Well, I'm a couple months behind on updating the blog. I started out the summer working a four-tens schedule at work, which gave me two three day weekends a month and a four day weekend a month. I decided to venture to Orem, UT in June for my first four day weekend to hang out with my Utah family and to go to the Kelly Clarkson concert. I was supposed to fly out on a Wednesday night, but after sitting at the airport for a few hours, my flight was cancelled. (I did manage to get 5000 Skymiles and a $50 voucher though!) I was able to make it out on the earliest flight on Thursday morning, and the gate agent even upgraded me to First Class, which is definitely the way to fly...if only I could afford to fly that way all the time! I was met at the airport by Aunt Cheryl, and we ran a few errands that day before meeting up with Kelsey and Murray that night. I camped in Kels and Murr's guest room by the aquarium, and enjoyed playing Xbox with Murr, even though he totally killed me in every single game. We went to the Kelly Clarkson concert in Orem at the Utah Valley University baseball field, and had pretty good seats, even if we did get rained on!

Aunt Cheryl, Emily and I ventured to Sandy to the Nordstrom Rack store, which proved to be a very dangerous place...at least to my debit card. Dyl, Em, Aunt Cheryl and I went to Chik-Fil-A for dinner on Saturday night before watching "New in Town" at their apartment...Dyl, the Minnesotan Spanish was fantastic! By the time Sunday rolled around, I wanted to stay longer...but I'm sure I'll be back to visit again soon!

No comments: